Tuesday 20 September 2011

606

Dear reader(s)

Nerea taught me a phrase yesterday: "quien madruga Dios le ayuda" which means "the early bird catches the worm" because Nerea and I got up early and did LOADS. We sorted out our new room - and we're still sharing! We're now room 606 and everything works there which is a bonus (lots of plugs didn't work, and the bathroom door didn't close in 1108) to help with the move I geniusly thought of using the trolley.

We then went to the mercato together to look for bikes (which we didn't find) followed by going to the centro for our first italian coffees together :) Later we finally sorted out bikes: there's a guy who lives on the 8th floor who sells, fixes and then re-buys bikes for students in the residenza and so I've put my name on a rainbow bike (such a child).


Last night we all went to Soltero's Salsa Class which was AWESOME. The first lesson is free (then you have to pay €50 per month so we wont be going back) and we learnt the 5 basic steps and then danced in partners; whenever Gianni Soltero shouted CHANGE the girls had to take one step to the left (we were in a big circle) and change to the next boy. It was loads of fun and we wish it was cheaper because we'd all love to go back :( 

Today I went to my first lecture, well Nerea's first lecture. I'm signed up to start 3rd October doing lettere e filosofia but I figured there's nothing stopping me from going and it'll be a huge help to listen to Italian. Nerea and I have decided to sit at the front next time because every one talks and we can't hear properly. I'm going to keep going to Nerea's lectures (she studies law) because it's very useful. After this I'm going to draw up a long vocab. list of legal terms and phrases (geek alert).

We have drawn up a list of themes for our latest agreement: every week we are going to have themed costume parties in the residenza should be fun :)

A presto...

No comments:

Post a Comment