Wednesday 28 September 2011

YAWT

Dear Reader(s)

After far too long apart, Nerea finally returned to Modena and now all is well again. We threw a small party for her, which involved cheap Lambrusco in the kitchen and Dani's speakers.

Lectures have started and I'm actually so excited that I feel like Hermione Granger! Having some form of structure to my week is great, and going to lectures isn't too bad. I need to concentrate very hard to keep up (which I didn't do in my first lecture). I enjoy the fact that my lecture theaters are in beautiful old buildings, and that my first lecturer used several Italian hand gestures to get his point across.

Today we (Nerea, Béa, Fran and Tamara) went to the park for a bit, we just chilled out in the shade and chatted which was nice. Then Nerea cooked us all a late lunch (I'm becoming Spanish with my eating habits) and then I went to my lecture which was 5pm to 7.30pm. After that, Christina (who had had the same lecture as me) and I found the others in the centro during happy hour and enjoyed a nice cold Carona.

"YAWT" is the abbreviated name for my 'Year Abroad Written Task' I have chosen to do my written task on the news. I can either choose to focus on local news and how it's written, or to see how international or national news is covered in the local press. Either way I have to buy the local paper every day il resto di Carlino and I may start buying a national paper too so that I can thoroughly get the most out of it. There are several YAWT options, but I think the news ones sound most appealing to me.

A presto...

No comments:

Post a Comment